Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sunnyside, WA

Hmmmm....Sunnyside, WA, where is that you may ask? And I would answer, that is a great question! I do know that it is southeast of Bellingham, in the mountains, in the middle of nowhere! Sunnyside, WA is where I am sitting right now while Benny is visiting a feed mill in Granger, WA. Ben and I left yesterday morning for his "little" work trip. Since we didn't have to leave until about 11, we enjoyed a beautiful morning together outside. We took some time to organize a few things in our place and then we went on a long walk on a new trail we just discovered. It is less than 1/2 mile from our apartments.
Here are a few pictures from our walk. Yes, we take pictures of everything now! :)


That is our apartment building in the background...it is called The Drake!! Pretty Fancy, huh?! Just Kidding!

Back to our little getaway! Our 4 hr. drive here was beautiful. So, of course we stopped along the way and took a few snapshots! The pictures can not even come close to capturing the unbelievable views we had!

Click on this picture to make it bigger...it is amazing!!!!!!




Once we pulled into good ol' Sunnyside, WA (which by the way I am not completely sure where they got that name...I don't know if I would consider it the "sunnyside", and I KNOW Ben would agree) we found our hotel. It is a new and very nice hotel. It was full so they gave us a suite which was great! Then Ben just had to take a dip in the hottub so I just dipped my feet in and then he treated me to KFC. YUM!! It sounds like a goofy night, but we love those low key nights together! This morning Ben and I enjoyed our continental breakfast together and he headed off for another day at the feed mill. I am sitting in the hotel room keeping busy on the computer and waiting for Ben to pick my up!
Sorry we don't have anything too exciting to write home about! Thanks to everyone who continues to check in us! We love you and miss you all so much!

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you could go along with -- the mountains look beautiful! :) This is the most I've seen you use a camera and I am LOVING it!

    (Could ramble on and on here but already did so on a voicemail mssg!)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! can't wait to see it all in real life someday (when we come and visit you)!

    ReplyDelete