Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Eli's Dedication


Eli was dedicated at church this past Sunday. Even though we were sad none of our family could be there to support us in giving Eli to the Lord, it was still an awesome day and we had so much fun with all our friends! And thankfully our good friends brought their camera to church, because ours decided to take the day off right when we got to church! Thanks B family!

The B family also took video of Eli being prayed over but I can't seem to get it to upload. I will keep trying.
Eli's Grandpa Tom emailed us some great insight the morning of his dedication! Thanks Tom! He reminded us of a really cool bible passage in 1 Samuel that deals with one of the first accounts of child dedication.
Hannah went to Eli the high priest and asked for his intercessory prayer to bring her with a child, who she would then dedicate his life to the Lord. And she (Hannah) made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head." 1 Samuel 1:11 When God answered Hannah's prayer by giving her a son, she remembered her vow: "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there. 1 Samuel 1:26-28

No comments:

Post a Comment