Friday, February 4, 2011

The Girls!

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to MN for a week to watch my nieces while Emily and Mark were in Thailand for a missions trip. It was a busy, crazy, amazingly fun week! I miss the girls like crazy. It was wonderful to see family too! Thanks to mom for helping a ton! Here are a few pictures of the week. Sorry Emily, if they look like scraggle muffins in the pictures! :) I learned that kids will not get their hair done every day, they may wear their pjs almost all day AND that you, as the mom, "might" get a shower but most likely not until they are all in bed! :) I wanted to visit my mom at school with the girls, so I knew I could get the girls all cutsie and ready to go, then I realized I had to get myself all cutsie and ready. Needless to say, we didn't get to go see mom!


Gabby and Lauren put on a wonderful show for me at mom and dad's when I first got there! Don't you LOVE their costumes and accessories! :)


Macie thought she was really hot stuff on the desk. Not safe right? It was too cute not to get a picture, then I got her down!



A lot of games got played throughout the week! My favorite was Uno Spin!





Crazy hair!


We decided to make some V-Day crafts! We had so much fun and I was so impressed with the girls cutting skills! :)




Another show...notice the matching dresses over their gymnastics outfits. And yes, KTIS was blaring in the background!






Too sweet!



We had a bday party for Ethan my last night there! It was so fun to be with everyone, well except the owners of the house where the party was being held:) You probably can't tell in the pictures, but I wanted you to know not only was I staying at a beautiful house, it is also a farm! They have Ben and Amanda, their cats that live in the garage to keep the mice away. They also have lovely chickens in their garage, it is a very scrumptious smell once you step foot out the house in the garage! :) :) :)






It was really hard to leave after being with the girlies all week, but I am so glad I was able to do it! I love you and miss you all tremendously!

"So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the LORD your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul—

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 11:13, 18-19

2 comments:

  1. Love it! For all of Amanda's followers the chickens have now moved outside to the coop with the "big" ones. The garage got cleaned out and it smells much better. : ) Sorry Amanda you had to stay with the smell. That's just life in the country : )The girls miss you too! They loved having you here and Lauren asked me today if I could go back to Thailand for 100 more days so you could come and stay again. You were great!!!!! We couldn't have done it without you so Thank You again!!!!!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time was had by all!

    That is so neat for you to be able to go and stay with the girls. They will always remember those special times and you will always be a special Auntie to them!

    It's also great birth control ~ don't ya think?!

    I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete