Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Victoria, British Columbia

I was fortunate enough to spend another week with my parents in Canada. Victoria is absolutely beautiful, with amazing views and flowers and a lot of history. Starting from the first day I got there we walked...and walked...and walked (and learned the bus system very quickly). We truly walked miles and miles while we were there!:) Which was fun, yet exhausting. In between all the walking we managed to see some spectacular things.

The first day we went to Butchart Gardens, which is the #1 thing to do there. It is just acres upon acres of gardens. It was unbelievable! Sorry I put so many pictures up, I had a hard time deciding...imagine that, me being indecisive. :) GRANDPA WETZELL, I think you would LOVE the Butchart Gardens!!!















We stayed at a beautiful hotel in downtown Victoria. There was a really neat rooftop garden and a great patio that mom and I enjoyed every afternoon!
The downtown had some beautiful buildings.
This is the parliament building.

The Empress, which is now a hotel.


We also went to a Sidney, which is right on the ocean. It was a cute city which I would love to go back to. The best part of the day was seeing sea lions while we were on the pier!



It was really hard to say bye on Sunday when we dropped them off at the airport. We were definitely sad to see them go, when we got home we couldn't believe how quiet our house was. We felt so blessed to be able to spend that much time with my mom and dad. Thank you to them for taking that much time out of their summer to be with us!

We love you and miss you all so much!
"When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly." 1 Peter 2:23

1 comment:

  1. Victoria was absolutely beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to put all the pics up. We love looking at them. love you!

    ReplyDelete