Monday, March 1, 2010

Different Views

This blog entry will be a little different than those before it. We haven't done anything too exciting...which is great! So, I will update you on a few things and then I will tell you about Ben's idea of "different views" for you to enjoy!

Last week was a bittersweet week for me. I got a job at the YMCA which is about 1/2 mile from our house. I will be working with the 3 and 4 year olds, which will be great. I need too be grateful for my job, but I was kind of getting used to being at home:) Haha! The part I am anxious about is now that I have a full time job I may not get to do some things Ben and I had planned. I was hoping to have a lot of free time with all our family that is coming within the next few months. Now I'm not sure how much time I can take off...and lets put it this way, this isn't my dream job I was thinking of, but I AM really excited to work with that age group. I need to remember (as Elizabeth keeps reminding me) that God's hand is in this and He wants me there for a reason. And like Jenny says, I am working for the Lord, not for man (because man is not paying much)!! :) Anywho, so that's my news.

Ben is still doing good! His job has good and just ok days, like all jobs, but he is always good at figuring things out!
He had been wanting to go to Avatar for a long time so finally this weekend we saw it in 3-D. He loved it and it was much better than I had expected. But our favorite part had to have been the glasses!


Then Ben had this great idea! One thing we have always commented on since we moved here is all the unique vehicles we see. So Ben thought it would be neat or funny (whichever word works) to show you some of the dandy things we see on the road in Bellingham, WA! So, here you go!



We also started a class at church this weekend to get to know the church more and to learn about their vision. It was great! The Lord is doing amazing things at this church and we are excited to learn more about it!

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

3 comments:

  1. That's it -- I'm going to Avatar just for the 3D glasses!! :)

    Thanks for posting all the WA wheels -- when are you trading in your vehicle for something more local? Maybe not a van, but perhaps a Subaru Outback like my new neighbors from WA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenny, hot wheels...would love to see Ben behind the wheel of one of those vehicles and wearing the glasses. He will fit right in. If you purchase one please don't tell me and just surprise me when you drive up my driveway on your next trip home ; ) Thanks for the post. Love to read them...you know I look forward to it!!!
    love ya
    EM

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like "different views"
    makes me feel like i'm right there in WA, learning a little more of their culture right along with you guys ;o)
    -meg-

    ReplyDelete